SPA has established the following Advisory Boards:
- Education and Certification,
- Government Relations,
- National and International Standards, and
- Ethics and Behavioural Standards.
Through these Boards SPA has initiated a range of projects, including:
- Identification of the courses (specifically tertiary-level) delivering security-specific and security-related qualifications and determining if there is a requirement to develop additional qualifications and courses to meet the needs of the security profession and the broader community.
- Compilation of security-specific and security-related standards to identify gaps in standards and make recommendations.
- Identify and discuss with relevant government and other agencies the role of security in disaster planning and response.